Things I'm Into

  • Song: Johnny & June by Heidi Newfield
  • Book: Twilight
  • Food: Sliced Tomatoes with salt & pepper
  • Drink: Lipton White Tea Apple Cranberry

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The day the world stopped turning...

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was going to school at UCF. I was just getting to campus when I noticed TONS of students pouring into the student union. I followed them. Once inside, I saw hundreds upon hundreds of students crowded all over the union sitting indian style on the floor watching a huge projection screen. The images displayed on the screen were unbelievable. It was like a nightmare come true. I remember dropping my bag on the floor and collapsing on my knees, bursting into tears and just watching the unimaginable events unfolding before my eyes. I remember that they closed the campus and sent everyone home. 35, 000 students evacuated. At the time, we weren't sure who or what would be the next target. I remember going home and being completely numb. The news reports continued to pour in of all the casualties. My heart just ached for everyone involved. I remember going to mass that evening with my family. You would have thought it was Christmas or Easter as our little church was packed. All those parishioners searching for some comfort, answers, and hope from Father Trout. 

The thing I remember most is how united America was. We came together as a nation. With the upcoming election, I think some of us have forgotten how we need to come together not become divided.  Please watch this video. Pray for our troops.


 

No comments: