Things I'm Into

  • Song: Johnny & June by Heidi Newfield
  • Book: Twilight
  • Food: Sliced Tomatoes with salt & pepper
  • Drink: Lipton White Tea Apple Cranberry

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A little late but whatever....

So I meant to post this on Nov 10th but I'm a 'lil late. We have been married 6 months. Our first year of marriage is flying by. It is everything I dreamed it would be and so much more. I know I'm probably sickening to a lot of y'all but we've got that once in a lifetime fairytale kind of love.

So what have I learned so far as a Mrs.??
1. Despite what you hear a man can be trained...mine now puts the toilet seat down on all 3 of our toilets. ;o)

2. NEVER go to bed angry...always make up before going to sleep...life is precious & you never know when your time on earth will end & you'd never want angry hurtful words to be your last to your loved ones. Plus, the BOW CHICKA BOW WOW that follows always makes fights worth it. I'm just sayin'. To all you newlyweds out there you know what I'm talking about.

3. TALK about everything. For the first 2 months of our marriage we kind of walked on egg shells around one another & then sort of exploded at one another. Ya that doesn't work. So we talk about anything & everything.

4. Be playful, tease one another...do everything you do out of love. 

5. Live your life with the mindset...What can I do to make him happy or make his life easier?? Focusing on each other really helps you to get out of the single girl mentality. It can carry over to other aspects of your life as well...doing for others and not for yourself.

6. LAUGH! Laugh at each other, laugh at yourself. Have a good time in whatever you are doing whether it be playing cards, the dishes, or balancing the checkbook.

It has been 6 months and I have FINALLY gotten everything changed over from being a Miss to a Mrs. No more Miss S...Hello Mrs. Q!!! It's such a pain...I now understand why some women keep their maiden name. It takes forever. Plus you have to bring your marriage license with you where ever you go anytime you want to change something. It's worth it though...I feel so proud everytime I hear my new name. I've really gotten used to it though...I don't even respond to my old one which I've had for 20something years.

Photobucket

Here's to the rest of our lives together & all the joy & happiness it will bring!



2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh - I'm so excited!!!!!!!! Thank you for letting us know!

SGRMSE. said...

i've never had Lipton White Tea! now i'm utterly intrigued to try.

congratulations on becoming mrs! :D :D i wonder if i'll ever cross that threshold. hope it's all working out splendidly for you.